is a web site?
understand easily, Web site can be compared to your Sales office or Branch
office. So, what all do you have in your sales office:
- Your sales staff to inform visitors about your
- Information, Literatures of your Products
- Offers, special offers
- Some commonly asked questions,
- Facility to accept Orders and Payments
- Taking feedback from visitors, probable and
- Forwarding accepted orders, payments, feedback
it to your Head office
web site does this all and even more! Your web site, as you would have seen in
many websites may contain:
- Pages with information, visuals about your
company, its team, its manufacturing or servicing and logistic capabilities,
its strengths, its earlier and present accomplishments, future plans +
Information for your vendors, Human resource departments.
- You can periodically update with your special
offers, current offers and Prices
- Some Frequently asked questions regarding your
company and its products and services
- Facility to accept Orders and Payments online
by credit card, online cheques and online bank transactions.
- Visitors, probable and existing customers can
send feedback to you. Online Bulleting Boards can allow you to monitor
exchange of views between the visitors at your web site.
- All things accepted in point no 5 and 6 are
forwarded to your emailbox.
Technically speaking, what is a web site made of ?
Step 1 - Domain Name Registration
Step 2 - Web site Hosting - Prices, Disk Space, Server Speed, Windows NT, Windows 2000 verses UNIX or Linux servers
Step 3 - Web site Designing -
Your Target Audience, Content, Overview of Web site, Actual
Step 4 - Uploading
web pages - FTP
Step 5 - Marketing
web site - Online and Offline and Search Engines, Directory
Submission, Search Engine
Step 6 - Web site